Today's world is very different from the Greek, Roman and Jewish world of Jesus and the New Testament writers. Scholars devote their lives to the study of languages, archaeology and history in order to better understand the Bible and its cultures. But often the results of their studies are found only in academic libraries.
Now, for the first time, Craig Keener's Bible Background Commentary: New Testament provides the fruit of scholarly labors in a single volume arranged in convenient verse-by-verse format, covering the entire New Testament.
Based on ten years of in-depth study, the Bible Background Commentary is valuable for:
• Sunday-school teachers and Bible study leaders as they build lessons
• Pastors preparing sermons
• Missionaries concerned about importing their own cultural biases into their Bible teaching
• College and seminary students in classroom assignments
• Bible readers seeking to deepen and enhance their study of Scripture
Enrich your Bible study with cultural background for the New Testament
This unique commentary gives you the crucial cultural background you need for responsible—and richer—Bible study. You'll have easy access to the most relevant cultural, social and historical background for reading the New Testament the way its first readers would have read it. And its single focus on cultural context makes it an excellent complement to the other commentaries in your PC Study Bible library. In addition to the verse-by-verse commentary, you get:
• Introductions for every book in the New Testament
• A glossary of cultural terms and important historical figures
• Introductory essays on the importance of cultural background and the uses of this unique commentary