Includes Figures of Speech as Used in the Bible and Trench's Synonyms of the New Testament
A big part of unlocking the unfathomable riches of God's Word comes from understanding the nuanced meaning and interaction of biblical words as they form the passages and books of the Bible. For decades scholars have revered Figures of Speech as Used in the Bible by E.W. Bullinger, and Trench's Synonyms of the New Testament by Richard Trench.
Now you can add both of these powerhouse study tools to your library for the breakthrough price of just $39.95.
How to get the most out of these references
Figures of Speech: Under PC Study Bible's topic menu, select any figure of speech you want to research, e.g., alliteration, or also homoeopropheron. The article in Figures of Speech provides and in-depth look at how successive words carrying the same beginning letter or syllable are used throughout Scripture. Take a look at the alliteration article by clicking the excerpt link above. It's representative of how the 300-plus articles in Figures of Speech will enhance your understanding and appreciation of this critical aspect of original language study.
Figures of Speech features
- An extensive content outline makes finding figures of speech in various categories a snap to find
- Thousands of Bible verses used to illustrate various figures are linked which makes Figures of Speech a first-rate word study commentary.
- Many of the articles contain outline diagrams to clearly illustrate form usages as they occur in a particular figure of speech.
- Numerous topics are cross referenced for further study
- All figures included are categorized by their topical link under the Topics menu.
Trench's Synonyms of the New Testament: Go to the Greek or Hebrew word list menu and access the Trench's article by selecting from a Greek word list or by its Strong's number. You will be amazed at the depth of information gained from understanding the nuances between words which appear to mean exactly the same thing in English translations when applied to the Greek text. If you need assistance in finding a Greek word through its English equivalent, Trench's in PC Study Bible provides you with an English word list with linked topic articles. To demonstrate the power of Trench's Synonyms of the New Testament, see the excerpted article (click excerpts above) on the four different Greek words used for blameless.
View this video to see Trench's Synonyms in action
For larger viewing area, start the video and click the icon for 'full screen' viewing at the bottom right of the video viewer. Press the escape (Esc) key to return to your regular screen view. It takes approximately 20 seconds for the video to adjust resolution when changing to full-screen mode.
Trench's Synonyms Features
- More than 300 articles provide incredible thematic and semantic detail on an impressive array of Greek words and why understanding their synonyms is important. The presentation is similar in detail and scope to The Theological Dictionary of the New Testament (Kittel) and the Louw and Nida Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament.
- Keyed through Strong's numbers, this reference serves as an easy-to-use lexicon chocked full of incredible word study resource
- Old Testament and Apocrypha references are targeted to the
Septuagint, NT references to the TR 1550
- The Trench's content is topically linked to references in the Church and Apostolic Fathers collections, as well as the works of classical Greco-Roman and Medieval authors.
- An alphabetical list has been included of the
Greek words covered in the chapters
- Included as well, an alphabetical list of English
words/topics which translate or are especially relevant to the Greek words
This add-on is compatible with PC Study Bible Version 5 libraries. For it to operate, your computer must have a pre-installed Version 5 library. If an existing PC Study Bible program is not installed, a program-only version will be installed to run this add-on content. This add-on will not install or work properly with any pre-installed PC Study Bible program prior to Version 5.
The product photos shown on this page are for illustrative purposes only. All reference works are supplied on CD or via online download.