Challenges to Christianity come from a variety of people and belief systems, and Christians are continually searching for the appropriate responses to critics of their faith. The Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics is a definitive one-volume encyclopedia designed to equip believers for Christian defense against the full range of opposing arguments. This comprehensive reference volume covers every key issue, person, and concept related to Christian apologetics. Written entirely by leading apologist Norman Geisler, it stands as the culmination of the author's life-long career and ministry.
The Baker Encyclopedia of Christian Apologetics offers valuable information and advice to a wide audience: pastors and Christian leaders, students on college campuses, and those involved in counter-cult ministries—all Christians who encounter skeptics will benefit from the extensive coverage of:
- Diverse individuals, from Karl Marx to C. S. Lewis
- General apologetics topics, such as the types of apologetics and the role of the Holy Spirit in apologetics
- Specific challenges, such as the relationship between science and Christianity, and the reliability of the Bible
- Philosophical systems, such as nihilism and existentialism
- Philosophical concepts, such as the principle of sufficient reason and the principle of causality
- Biblical issues, such as the claims of Christ, and the date of the exodus
- Contemporary concerns, such as the Jesus Seminar and postmodernism
- Perennial apologetic arguments, such as the problem of evil and the existence of God
This add-on is compatible with PC Study Bible Version 5 libraries. For it to operate, your computer must have a pre-installed Version 5 library. If an existing PC Study Bible program is not installed, a program-only version will be installed to run this add-on content. This add-on will not install or work properly with any pre-installed PC Study Bible program prior to Version 5.
The product photos shown on this page are for illustrative purposes only. All reference works are supplied on CD or via online download.