The first volume of R.T. Kendall’s Understanding Theology was first published in 1996. Since then, a flood of requests to add more topics to the main doctrinal themes has resulted in a 3-volume collection.
These works are so well-regarded because they excel in content that is searching, clear, profound and fair minded. Rather than avoid difficult issues, Kendall explains both sides of an argument - showing its history and logical development. Each volume of the collection contains a list of doctrinal subjects that occur again-and-again in adult Sunday school classes and Bible studies. Each outlined section is filled with succinct information perfect for teaching or getting a better grasp of the issue.
- The Sovereignty of God
- Human Responsibility
- The Eternal Security of the Believer
- The Priesthood of all Believers
- The Role of Women in Ministry
- The Truth About Predestination and Free Will
- If God Knows the Future, Why Pray?
- Does God Love Everybody?
- Jesus and the Holy Spirit
- Faith and Righteousness
- Faith and Pleasing God
- How to Know you Are Saved
- How Can Spirit-filled Christians Disagree?
- The Judgment Seat of Christ
- Rewards in Heaven
- What Happens to the Lost?
Those who have used Understanding Theology are from a wide spectrum of evangelical belief, and have found it to be a very helpful doctrinal series. It has brought them, and will bring you closer to a biblical understanding of God in your life.
Recommendations for R T Kendall and the Understanding Theology series:
- “R. T. Kendall is a man of deep commitment to the Bible and wants others to know it, love it and understand it.” Billy Graham
- “I admire his courage and his perseverance, and I value the times we spent together.” John R.W. Stott
- “A wonderful opportunity to get grips with the essential truths of the Bible. Suitable for church leaders, students and all of those who believe that Scripture and Holy Spirit can change lives today.” Clive Calver