Bible college instructors and seminary professors routinely include H.I. Hesterís Heart of Hebrew History and Heart of the New Testament on required reading lists for first and second year students. Why? Because the material is that timeless and to-the-point in helping students acquire a solid biblical foundation on which to build.
Now, both of these volumes are available to add to your PC Study Bible library. The Heart of Hebrew History is a fascinating patriarchs-to-prophets narrative journey through the Old Testament. On the way, you are introduced to:
- The geography and culture of the biblical world,
- Archeology and how it works, as well as
- Proven methods to get the most out of your Old Testament study.
You will learn pivotal points in the history of Israel as they have been substantiated from archeological discoveries and extra-biblical literary texts.
The Heart of the New Testament presents the life and ministry of Jesus by bringing to light often-overlooked details that form critical thematic links between the Old and New Testaments. Beginning with the inter-biblical period and going into the first century, the narrative examines the:
- Life of Christ and his singularly-unique impact on history and culture.
- Whole of the New Testament through comprehensive exposition and commentary,
- Chronology of individual books,
- How and why the New Testament was written,
- How the Canon of the New Testament was established,
- New Testament manuscript evidence.
The Heart of the New Testament leaves no stone unturned in your study of the New Testament. Combined with the Old Testament volume and PC Study Bible, you have the searching and cross-referencing power to make the most of your study time.
This add-on is compatible with PC Study Bible Version 5 libraries. For it to operate, your computer must have a pre-installed Version 5 library. If an existing PC Study Bible program is not installed, a program-only version will be installed to run this add-on content. This add-on will not install or work properly with any pre-installed PC Study Bible program prior to Version 5.
The product photos shown on this page are for illustrative purposes only. All reference works are supplied on CD or via online download.