This powerful 2-volume set is designed to first provide a comprehensive overview of systematic and historical theology.
The Evangelical Dictionary of Theology gives you over 1,250 articles that focus on systematic and historical theology including:
• Significant theological concepts (dispensationalism, perfectionism, election)
• Important figures in theology (Finney, Luther, Wesley, Tillich)
• Pivotal events (Diet of Worms, Synod of Dort, the Great Awakening, Vatican I & II)
• Theological movements (Arminianism and Calvinism, the Charismatic movement, Fundamentalism)
Christianity Today hailed the Evangelical Dictionary of Theology as "a work of responsible evangelical scholarship." For 15 years this comprehensive work has provided pastors, teachers, and students alike with a balanced overview of important theological trends.
The Evangelical Dictionary of Biblical Theology communicates the theological message of the biblical writers in more than 500 in-depth articles covering:
• The theology of every book in the Bible (Genesis to Revelation)
• Theological ideas (atonement, predestination, sanctification)
• Controversial topics (abortion, homosexuality, divorce)
• People (Abraham, Moses, John the Baptist)
• Biblical topics (false prophets, guilt offering, love, sin)