Features at a glance:
- Nearly 5,000 entries explain every book, person, place, significant event, and distinctive term or expression found in the Bible
- Written by nearly 600 respected authorities in the field of biblical scholarship
- Includes hundreds of informative charts and photos with easy access via in-text links or search in the media section
- Supplementary aids include lists of abbreviations, pronunciation guide, transliteration key, and concise bibliographies to guide further research
- Entries cover the Deuterocanonicals as well as the Hebrew and New Testament scriptures
- Based on the New Revised Standard version of the Bible, with attention given to alternate readings in other major translations
The Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible gathers nearly 5,000 topical articles that thoroughly yet clearly explain all the books, persons, places, and significant terms found in the Bible. The Dictionary also explores the background of each biblical book and related writings as well as discussing cultural, natural, geographical, and literary phenomena. The contemporary-level content is geared to the questions and issues encountered most in detailed Bible studies for teaching and personal growth.
Hundreds of fascinating articles cover recent archaeological discoveries and the breadth of current biblical scholarship, including insights from critical analysis of literary, historical, sociological, and other methodological issues. Explore and interpret recent advances in biblical theology, text and transmission, Near Eastern archaeology, extrabiblical writings, and pertinent ecclesiastical traditions, and instantly cross-reference any topic in the Eerdmans Dictionary of the Bible with all of the corresponding content in your PC Study Bible library.
This add-on is compatible with PC Study Bible Version 5 libraries. For it to operate, your computer must have a pre-installed Version 5 library. If an existing PC Study Bible program is not installed, a program-only version will be installed to run this add-on content. This add-on will not install or work properly with any pre-installed PC Study Bible program prior to Version 5.
The product photos shown on this page are for illustrative purposes only. All reference works are supplied on CD or via online download.